Thursday, February 24, 2011

chopsticks

my nail polish matches!
As much as i was looking forward to the Sakura festival, i must say that i enjoyed the International book fair a lot more. Walking in and seeing the abundance of books, booths and free stuff made me feel like a little girl in a candy store :) My friend decided to join me even though he complained to the security guards there that i forced him to come :p. Silly men and their egos. I bought 2 Murakami books and one on poetry. Then we just browsed around the foreign book sections; German, Russian, Spanish, and French (they had Martine! and two beautifully illustrated but depressing mangas). In the Russian section we passed by a Japanese booth which seemed out of place so we stopped to talk to the salespeople. Turns out that this russian man learnt Japanese and wrote poetry that was later translated into English and Russian. Ay read one poem out loud about a man's loneliness after seeing a single chopstick. Ay thought it was stupid but i didnt want to offend the old man so i tried defending the piece- which resulted in Ay deciding to send me off to Japan. When the man's daughter heard this, she piped up "Don't do that! if you send her away, you'll be a lonely chopstick!" lol On our way out, the Russian man ran over to us to give me a free pin saying "For you because you love Japan"
I love nice people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment